I am the queen of making of a quick jar of jam. This quick peach rhubarb jam is one of my farewell love letters to the rhubarb season.
This summer is my first summer cooking with rhubarb. It has been a gorgeous love affair, making mostly jams. Finally realized that I wasn’t going to get the good stuff at the store anymore so I am quitting for the season.
It is amazing how it seems just like yesterday, I was excited for the new seasons of spring and summer. No snow. No cold dry air. All sunshine and some humidity. The sun would set way past 8 PM and the night would be bright. Today, I noticed it was getting dark at 7.30PM and the nights are getting cooler.
Days are getting shorter. I am trying to bottle up some of my summer feelings in a jar. Making jam seems like a good way to capture memories of the good summer days. A quick jar is a very temporary thing. This peach rhubarb jam barely spends a week in my fridge before it is gone. There is just so much to do with.
Peach Rhubarb Jam
- 1 cup Rhubarb finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peached chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- Add rhubarb, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Let rhubarb cook in syrup and soften on medium-low heat
- Add chopped peaches and allow the mixture to cook and reduce down by a third. Takes about 15 minutes
- Add in lemon juice and cook another 10-15 minutes until mixture starts to gel.
- Let it cool down for a couple of hours before eating